The alphabet at 23
a is for anxiety
b is for battle wounds
c is for capitalism, and how everyone is out here to make a profit, no matter the harm that it causes others.
d is for damnation
e is for energy
f is for fuck my life
g is for glass
h is for hand sanitizer
i is for isolation
j is for jokes, and jaded glances
k is for karma
l is for lonely
m is for mundane, manic, and magical
n is for "No" and nothing
o is for oppression
p is for pandemic, the fear spread across the world, the hushed whispers about what are we going to do now
q is for quarantine quilting which my mother is convinced that she will do if put in that situation
r is for red shirts
s is for snakesss
t is for touch, the impact it makes, while so many of us are starved for it
u is for unintentional
v is for vulnerable, how for some people it comes naturally and for others they may struggle with it their whole lives, attempting to communicate, hoping that they are expressing the right things at the right times
w is for wild, how I can't imagine how this is all even happening, cause it all feels like the dream
x is for x-rays, cat scans, cts, blood work, shots, tests, anything to try and stop the pounding in your head from getting louder and louder after every confirmed new case
y is for you. I can't stop thinking about you, the way things had been, wishing I knew how you were now.
z is for the letter I shaved into the side of my head because I'm impulsive
Comments
Post a Comment